Thursday, December 13, 2007

What ya got cooken? How’s about cooken sumtin up with me?

I felt like making a little Christmas Cheer for my family, they love my Home Made Crunch A Munch. It’s not a real easy thing to make because you have to stay in the kitchen for an hour.

Here is everything you need for the recipe.

2 gallon of pop corn

2 c. brown sugar

1 c. light corn syrup

2 sticks of butter { only real butter will do}
1 c. of nuts of your choice
1/2 tea. soda

1 tea. vanilla
I like to use almonds and pecans. Living in Texas, pecans are plentiful



Melt the sugar,syrup and butter. Bring to a boil for about 5 min.


Add the nuts and bring to a boil for about 3 to 4 min.

Add the baking soda and vanilla. Pour over pop corn while it's still boiling


Bake at 250 for 1 hour, sturring every 15 min.




Dump out on wax paper to cool. After it cools you can brake it up and EAT
Have A Blessed Evening

1 comment:

Kim said...

I sure hope you made some of that for your friends.