Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Personal Tour Of Our POC Beach Cottage


Hi everyone,
I had a little time on my hands today because its raining outside and
 I cant do all the painting I wanted to get done. Sooo I decided to take some pictures around my little beach cottage and share them with you. I'm going to start in our master bedroom suit




I couldn’t give you the tour without telling the stories of some of my most proud finds and redo's
I traded a green buffet for this beautiful dresser with my next door neighbor. It wasn’t this beautiful when I first got it, it was a old burnt yellow and in need of some TLC
I gave it a good sanding and a couple of coats of paint. I added the glass knobs and painted the old pulls a beachy blue




I really love my beach finds....



Sand dollars are plentiful on Sunday Beach



And each trip pays off with at least a bucket full





I found this little table at an estate sale and painted it white; I love it at my bed side. It holds one out of two of my favorite lamps. Well they are now but a few weeks ago they were gold and old style. Now with a coat of antique blue paint and lamp shade slip covers they are my favorite lamps.


I handcrafted the dreft wood mirror above our bed
The red doors in the coner where in my Great Grandmother's home

The frame was found in an old barn. It was covered in mud dabbers nests when I found it. I just did a little cleaning and added the mirror. My “Skipper” restored a church and saved these spindles for me…he is a sweet heart.
The little desk was purchased at a tag sale.
I still need to paint and sand it.
If the rain ever gives up.
I'll share more of the cottage tomorrow
Blessed
Julia

No comments: